I have returned, and this time I am back for good.
In the daily mantle of an IT whiz, I have almost forgotten the joys of writing--the creative lines that thread the fundamental fabric and lay the groundwork for my words, the translation of amorphous ideas into concrete thoughts that are represented in speech and the sense of satisfaction arising from how the paragraphs weave together so intricately and magically to impart meaning to the words that speak. Indeed, I miss the thought process that accompanies the art of writing, where the mind seeks to be at peace with itself to draw on the spirit's essence, striving to induce a natural sense of balance to the words that are pieces of a greater puzzle. It is a painstaking task to place the pieces in the right manner and the right positions, but upon its completion one can admire the elegance that colours the product, bound by the meticulous arrangement of each individual morsel of meaning.
In other news, I have taken up a part-time job as an IT Helpdesk Staff for basic networking support and troubleshooting issues. However, despite the admirably decent pay, I am not sure if I have the energy to sustain working at the stipulated hours due to a prognostication of a more hectic schedule that will be fraught with academic commitments and the like. Regardless, before I can be fully assured of any devastating change in my everyday schedule, I will stay on in my current job.
That aside, for those who do not know yet, my grandfather (on my mother's side) officially passed away last Monday. Last week was the wake, and as stricken by grief as I was I had to stay strong as a pillar of support for my family members and relatives. I was never one to cry my heart out, although the shadow of depression creeps upon me at times. In all honesty, I miss my grandfather a lot, but life continues to move on in its perennial cycle, and I am sure that my grandfather is in a much better place now, away from the miseries of the secular world. I pray for his afterlife.
On a final note, I think that I am turning into the contemporary manifestation of a geek, given my avid pursuant of knowledge in certain conventionally defined areas of a geek.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment