Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The stairway to Heaven that leads to Hell

A layer of serenity pervades the night's air.

Recent events have been culminating in a turmoil of unimaginable proportions, and the massive whirl of pressure has been driving me to a state of frantic and frenzied desperation. The constant expectations that I associate with my own work have been efficient in pushing me to strive harder for my academics, but at the same time they have been equally deadly as a demon that gnaws at the fragile human beneath the seemingly adamant shell. While I ascend the stairs to ride to the top of my dreams, I am afraid of falling backwards and tumbling to a horrid end at the foot of the poison-laced steps. The fear is so subtle yet tangible, but so surreal yet real. In fact, I think that I am launching myself towards a pit-hole of endless depth where doom beckons to me.

School has been a breeding ground for my aloofness of late. As my mind is constantly preoccupied with certain issues that consume much of my energy, I am left with a walking zombie on the exterior as I simply go along with the flow of the day. Sometimes I really wish that I am able to detach myself from the consistent struggles that transpire within the reality that fixates itself in my brain's central cerebral faculty, which effectively cuts off any chances of my being able to concentrate on more pressing and practical issues in the movement of everyday life in school. Indeed, what astounds me sometimes is the magnitude of the thoughts that hold much of my life in their clawed hands. The impact that they bring about over my mental state is simply staggering, so to speak, as I fight to be rid of them. It is a tough battle, but I will persist nonetheless.

As I revel in the rare quietude of the night's solitude, I brace myself for the coming darkness that will soon be darker than night itself.

No comments: